sea

sea

Saturday, October 17, 2015

ทดลองอ่านหนังสือฟรี ⊙﹏⊙ since you've been gone

ทดลองอ่าน since you've been gone


THE LIST
The list arrived after Sloane had been
gone two weeks.
I wasn’t at home to get it because I
was at Sloane’s, where I had gone yet
again, hoping against hope to find her
there. I had decided, as I’d driven over
to her house, my iPod off and my hands
gripping the steering wheel, that if she
was there, I wouldn’t even need an
explanation. It wouldn’t be necessary for
her to tell me why she’d suddenly
stopped answering her phone, texts, and
e-mails, or why she’d vanished, along
with her parents and their car. I knew it
was ridiculous to think this way, like I
was negotiating with some cosmic
dealer who could guarantee this for me,
but that didn’t stop me as I got closer
and closer to Randolph Farms Lane. I
didn’t care what I had to promise if it
meant Sloane would be there. Because if
Sloane was there, everything could start
making sense again.
It was not an exaggeration to say that
the last two weeks had been the worst of
my life. The first weekend after school
had ended, I’d been dragged upstate by
my parents against my wishes and
despite my protests. When I’d come
back to Stanwich, after far too many
antique shops and art galleries, I’d
called her immediately, car keys in my
hand, waiting impatiently for her to
answer so that she could tell me where
she was, or, if she was home, that I
could pick her up. But Sloane didn’t
answer her phone, and she didn’t answer
when I called back an hour later, or later
that night, or before I went to bed.
The next day, I drove by her house,
only to see her parents’ car gone and the
windows dark. She wasn’t responding to
texts and still wasn’t answering her
phone. It was going right to voice mail,
but I wasn’t worried, not then. Sloane
would sometimes let her battery rundown
 until the phone shut off, and she
never seemed to know where her
charger was. And her parents, Milly and
Anderson, had a habit of forgetting to
tell her their travel plans. They would
whisk her off to places like Palm Beach
or Nantucket, and Sloane would return a
few days later, tan, with a present for me
and stories to tell. I was sure that’s what
had happened this time.
But after three days, and still no
word, I worried. After five days, I
panicked. When I couldn’t stand being in
my house any longer, staring down at my
phone, willing it to ring, I’d started
driving around town, going to all of our
places, always able to imagine her there
until the moment I arrived to find it
Sloane-free. She wasn’t stretched out in
the sun on a picnic table at the Orchard,
or flipping through the sale rack at
Twice Upon a Time, or finishing up her
pineapple slice at Captain Pizza. She
was just gone




for more ebook

Anna and the french kiss
the maze runner


why men marry bitches

No comments:

Post a Comment

แปลเพลง Honest - Justin bieber lyrics

  แปลเพลง Honest - Justin bieber lyrics Written, Edited & Directed by Cole Bennett Official “Honest” Lyrics  [Chorus: Justin Bieber] ...